Monday, July 13, 2009

Sumertime continues


We've been spending lots of days at the pool.  Today Marea, on her very own, got out of the pool and jumped in by herself...with her floaties and swim ring on.   She got so happy and excited with herself!  Then we suggested that she try it without the ring, that her floaties would hold her up...and she got out and stood there, then chickened out.  But then, without any encouragement or pushing from us, she just did it.  She went under a bit, but she was fine.  And she was SOOOOOO proud of herself.   It was adorable.  I love watching her conquor fears.  I remember when she was scared of the carousel, and would cry every time I took her on it.  And then one day, she was perfectly fine.  It was such a simple, proud moment, for both of us.  And after watching her today, I know she'll do great at her first day of preschool summer camp tomorrow.  I'm freaked out of course, because I hope my baby girl gets well taken care of and all the attention she needs, and makes new friends.  But she'll do great, because she can!  
Two more Marea words that i'm loving: a-cause (meaning, because) and da-jamas (pajamas).
Evie is busy busy busy.  Her favorite thing to do right now is bring us her little white kitty, which we pretend kiss, and her books.  She gets our attention with an obnoxious scream thing that she does.  It's SO loud and annoying!  Yesterday she entertained us by doing the 'Evie butt dance' in the living room when the music was on.  Thank god I got that one on video, it was too cute.  She is trying to say ball but it sounds more like 'cawl'.  But i know she's saying it because that's what she says when she sees a ball!  I can't  believe she'll be 10 months old tomorrow.  AHHHHH!!!!!

No comments: