Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Miss Evie Mae is here!



Baby sister is finally here!  Mama's belly went 'crunch crunch crunch' and the baby came out.  It was as easy as that.
Life has been crazy since Evie arrived.  It's a mixture of pure joy and exhaustion.  I don't feel too exhausted in terms of the sleep deprivation, it's more of a mental exhaustion that I feel because i'm trying to juggle two kids now!  I'm sure the sleep deprivation makes the mental exhaustion worse.  Luckily Gary has been taking over with Marea so I can spend lots of time bonding with Evie and getting to know her and her personality.  It's been great.  Except that I feel a bit disconnected from Marea right now and that is SUPER hard.  Marea doesn't seem to be taking it too hard, although she's not the type of kid that would act out agressivly or throw tantrums.   She seems to be taking it all in mentally and processing it in a very thoughtful way.  It's so hard for me to describe, especially because i'm exhausted right now.  But what i'm trying to say is, that Marea is very aware of what has occurred and is handling it very well, and not trying to control the situation or change things, but rather just accepting life as it is now with an understanding that things are very different now.  Pretty deep perspective on a toddler, huh?  That's one of my favorite things about Marea.  She can be so thoughtful.  
Baby Evie is doing great.  She sure sleeps a lot.  I don't remember Marea sleeping this much.  Maybe i'll get a good sleeper this time!   She's definitely starting to wake up a bit more now and be a bit more alert, which is fun. She's got the cutest little temper.  When she gets mad, she gets real mad!  When she wakes up in the night and is ready to eat, she wants a boobie ASAP or she's screaming!  I barely have time to go to the bathroom.  I am enjoying lots of cuddle time with her and we're sleeping together.  The little bugger knows when I put her in her bassinet so we're doing the old 'nurse and roll' in my bed.  It works, so i'm sticking with it.  

No comments: