Monday, August 18, 2008

slumber party!

Marea and Jackie had their first slumber party over the weekend.  It was also Marea's first time spending the night with Grandma and Grandpa Frost.  From what I hear, they had a fabulous time, complete with watching a movie in bed and falling asleep within 20 minutes.  Grandma said that at one point she went in to check on them, and Marea was trying to put a paci in Jackie's mouth.  The next morning I picked her up at HB pier where we watched Sara play volleyball for a bit.  Marea looked very happy, she was running around with Jackie and Emily having a good time.  She fell asleep within 2 minutes of being in the car.  I like it when she's nice a tired!  I hope there are lots more slumber parties to come.
Our summer is managing to still be super busy, despite the fact that I am 4 weeks away from having this baby.  We have been really busy with our moms group, hanging out at the beach, lots of trips to the pool, toddler birthday parties, etc.  Marea's vocabulary is getting even better...it's truly amazing.  She can communicate just about anything.  Maybe that's why she's going thru her little autonomy stage right now....because she knows she can affect her choices!  She's definitely been very opinionated about how she wants things to be these days, and at times it can be frustrating, I know how important it is to support them in this, so I try to be patient and make it fun and easy for everyone.  I hope I can continue to give her the same amount of care and attention when baby #2 arrives!  I know she's excited for her baby sister, and I think that will help.  She talks about her sister a lot, about all the things she wants to do...change her diaper, feed her, kiss her, hold her.  It's super cute.  But i'm still not sure that she knows what's coming!  
On the topic of potty training...I think we're almost done!  Marea was doing great, and then there was a bit of a regression, but it seems that we're back on track.  Now I just need to get up the nerve to put in her big girl pants all the time.  But it's hard because I don't want to have to clean up any messes!  

No comments: