Monday, May 2, 2011

The Music in My Ears

So here are Marea's 3 current favorite songs/cd's (according to HER):
-The songs from the movie Enchanted
-The songs from the movie Tangled
-The songs on the Wicked CD....which WAS my favorite (of the ones the kids like) and is her absolute favorite still. It was my favorite before it became her favorite and she is now requesting it ENDLESSLY so now i'm kind of sick of it. But, it is the cutest thing to see both her and Evie belting out and enjoying award winning broadway musical music. That and ABBA. I'm sure I have it MUCH better off than many other parents who are stuck listening to sesame street music over and over. I'll take it!

Evie also has her own 'music'. Well it's hardly that, but it's noise and it's funny. We are now referring to it as her 'tick' or 'tourette's syndrome'. First it was 'beep beep!'. Then it was 'poop poop poop!'. Then it was 'dong!' And recently it is 'quack!' Just random things that she belts out, whenever. Sometimes it's when she's excited, running around, playing, jumping....or sometimes it's when I correct her...it's very random and strange...but SO funny. Just one word that she attaches onto for a bit and uses in a very bizarre way. I can barely even find the words to describe it.

One other fun thing we've been doing lately...Rhubarb walks. Rhubarb is this very old lady cat who lives around the corner, who is ALWAYS sleeping under a car in the driveway or under the garage door. She is a moody old girl, who doesn't even make any noise when she meows, just her mouth moves. But every time we walk by, we stop, give out a call and Rhubarb strolls over for a very quick pet from the girls. The girls love it, and we go on Rhubarb Walks at least once a day right now. She reminds me a little bit of Homer, so it's just fine with me.

No comments: