Tuesday, December 1, 2009

It's Frosty Season!

It started the day before Thanksgiving. I swore I wouldn't do it. Maybe it was because I was so sick of the CD's that we have in the car, and I was longing for something different. Or maybe it was Marea's excitement about Christmas (I think it was that). But the "Frosty Loop" has made it's way back into our lives, for the third year in a row. It's time to find a new Christmas CD, before I start to despise the poor old snowman.
Yes, her excitement is catchy. She started talking about Christmas a few days before thanksgiving, probably because we went to the mall and it's all decorated already. She got it in her head that Christmas is coming and we must start the preparations immediately! So it started with the music, but I held off on everything else until now. And I now declare us officially ready to start the season. I'm ready! This is going to be great! With the exception of keeping Evie and Little Ick away from the tree. That should be interesting. Marea has been talking almost every day about daddy bringing home the decorations, and getting a tree. We watched The Grinch last night. We made our gingerbread house. I think this is the first year that she'll get the idea of Santa. So this year stands to be super fun! Time to bust out the old 'be good or i'm calling santa!' trick :)! Of course I wouldn't do that! Or will I? We'll see where desperation leads me in the next 25 days.
It will be fun to see what Evie thinks about all the Christmas stuff. Of course she'll be insanely curious, and have to touch everything over and over and over. And carry things around the house and dump them. She is the queen of that. I'm sure she'll find all the decorations and preparations interesting. Maybe we'll be able to teach her a few new 'holiday' words. She's getting pretty good with her vocabulary these days. "Kit-tay" is a super popular one. And "eh juice'. We have no idea where they is the 'eh' in front of it but it's funny. And she loves singing the 'Do Do Do, Da Da Da' song, and the Elmo song.
So we got a new kitten, Little Ick. That's what Marea has named her for now. I'm not too excited about the name so we'll see if anything else sticks. Sticks to Ick. Ha ha. For now, it's working, because she's got super stinky poo and farts. She's kind of icky right now! Marea just adores her. But part of me is wondering why I brought this chaos into the house. As if I needed another thing to worry about! I am trying to teach her how to pick her up correctly and when she needs to let her run away. I hope this kitty ends up liking her and isn't scared of her. Little Ick, who lives in the bathroom, as Marea says.
Tonight we are going to Great Grandma Irene's 98th birthday dinner at Acapulco. Happy Birthday Grandma! Hope to share many more :)



No comments: